Great opportunity to grow with an established Texas-based technology integration company. Network Cabling Services (NCS) has an opening for Security Technicians at our Houston headquarters. NCS has 40+ years of experience working with some of the most prestigious hospitals, universities, and corporate companies to provide the latest technology solutions.
NCS is committed to a work environment that promotes innovation and personal and professional growth and provides employees with an active role in driving the company vision.
Job Type: Full-time / Non-exempt
What it takes to succeed:
- Has working knowledge of Intrusion, Access Control and Video Surveillance •
- Understands networking and IP addressing
- Familiarity with Bosch, Samsung, Axis, Exacq Vision, Aimetis, Genetec, RS2, S2 and Amag systems
- Should be able to work well both independently and in a team environment.
Essential Duties, Competencies and Responsibilities:
- Needs to accept direction and supervision in a positive manner and be able to communicate clearly.
- Show initiative, dependability, and adaptability.
- Be resourceful in decision making, problem solving, organization, and planning.
- Exhibit necessary job knowledge, and technical skills, Complete assignments with accuracy and neatness on or before deadline.
- Establish pathways and install Cable Support Systems.
- Prepare and set up for cable pulling.
- Prepare devices for installation: camera, door devices, and head end equipment.
- Perform housekeeping, as needed, on project sites and at warehouses.
- Assist with material loading and off-loading.
- Adhere to the company Mission Statement, Vision, and Values.
- Conduct self in a professional manner and maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform all functions of the position and other duties that may be assigned.
- Troubleshoot Video Surveillance System, Access Control System, and Intrusion Detection System.
What we offer:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Options
- Company paid training and certification opportunities
- Bonus incentive pay
Network Cabling Services (NCS) was founded in 1981 in Houston, TX, and is a technology integration provider for all our client’s cabling, audiovisual, and security needs. Since then, we have grown to more than 300 employees across six Texas locations. We have expanded our services to in-building wireless systems to deliver public safety and cellular communications and network-powered lighting systems.