Our Vision: Connecting the Communications of Tomorrow
To provide a positive working environment that promotes continued education, personal growth, family, and Christian values. To prosper corporately and individually while maintaining the highest levels of professional business behavior. The keys to maintaining our success and continued customer satisfaction are Safety, Quality, Communication, Customer Service, and Integrity.
We take pride in our work and take ownership of the outcomes. This attitude of excellence is applicable to internal and external clients alike. We pay attention to details and strive to consistently deliver exceptional quality across all aspects of our business. Every project, every client, every time!
We believe in timely and proactive communication. We strive to consistently provide clear, concise, and complete status updates. This includes both good and bad news. We understand that open and honest communication builds trust and is the foundation for successful on-going partnerships and relationships.
We want to build enduring relationships and get invited back time and time again to help our clients implement their projects and meet their goals. We strive to exceed our clients’ expectations by listening carefully, being responsive to their needs, and making them look good. We want to be viewed as a trusted partner and an extension of their team.
Our word is our bond. Simply stated – we will keep our promises, admit our mistakes, and take absolute ownership of outcomes. We aspire to be trusted partners to our vendors, clients, and team members.
We believe establishing a safety culture is the best way we can show that we care about our co-workers and to ensure we have a sustainable workforce. There are certain risks associated with the construction industry and establishing a safety culture is important to minimizing those risks. We strive to create an injury-free environment by identifying risks, eliminating and/or mitigating hazards, and by ongoing investment in training and development of our workforce.
The Technician – Security position assists in the planning and execution of Security jobs. This position is critical in helping to assure that projects are completed safely, on time and on budget with the highest quality and customer service.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties of an Apprentice and Installer
- Periodically perform duties as a Site Lead – Lead small projects or parts of projects as needed
- Material Pick Ticket Request
- Project Execution/Productivity (Labor Time)
- Redline Drawing/Labeling
- Site Safety Compliance/PPE
- Construction Meetings/Walk Through
- Site Housekeeping
- Test Results
- Onsite Work Permits
- Punch Walk/List Generation (Substantial Completion)
- Daily Progress Reports
- OJT Implementation
- Run cabling through walls, ceilings, floors, and other building structures
- Terminate cables with required connectors and other termination methods
- Perform basic testing of cables and equipment to ensure proper termination and proper system performance
- Prepare and install Security devices related to CCTV, Access Control and Intrusion
- Maintain current industry knowledge and certifications
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of codes and standards
- Read and review blueprints or work
- Perform housekeeping duties as required
- Assist with material loading and off-loading
- Drive on company business and assume responsibility of a company vehicle as needed and allowed
- Represent NCS with professionalism and integrity
- Perform all assigned duties Safely adhering to the highest Quality standards
- Provide the highest level of customer service with continuous communication (verbal and written)
- Perform all functions of the position and other duties that may be assigned
Key Performance Indicators
Equipment and Maintenance
Responsibilities of a Site Lead as required (material pick tickets, project execution/daily updates, safety compliance, as-builts)
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 + years of related experience
- Current, valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual must be prepared to:
- Flexibility in work hours to meet customer requirements including but not limited to normal working hours, evenings, weekends, overtime
- Occasionally move up to 75 pounds by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time. Lifting, squatting, crawling, reaching, grabbing, climbing, talking, and hearing is required
- Possess clear vision closeup at 20 inches or less and distance vision of at least 20 feet
- For safety reasons, use of appropriate PPE to avoid situational hazards must be used for example hard hat, steel toed shoes etc. as required.
- Exposure to various inside and outside working and environmental conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The Company reserves the right to modify this description in the future, with or without notice to the employee. This Job Description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and employment with the Company remains at will. These responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.