Our Vision: Connecting the Communications of Tomorrow
To provide a positive working environment that promotes continued education, personal growth, family, and Christian values. To prosper corporately and individually while maintaining the highest levels of professional business behavior. The keys to maintaining our success and continued customer satisfaction are Safety, Quality, Communication, Customer Service, and Integrity.
We take pride in our work and take ownership of the outcomes. This attitude of excellence is applicable to internal and external clients alike. We pay attention to details and strive to consistently deliver exceptional quality across all aspects of our business. Every project, every client, every time!
We believe in timely and proactive communication. We strive to consistently provide clear, concise, and complete status updates. This includes both good and bad news. We understand that open and honest communication builds trust and is the foundation for successful on-going partnerships and relationships.
We want to build enduring relationships and get invited back time and time again to help our clients implement their projects and meet their goals. We strive to exceed our clients’ expectations by listening carefully, being responsive to their needs, and making them look good. We want to be viewed as a trusted partner and an extension of their team.
Our word is our bond. Simply stated – we will keep our promises, admit our mistakes, and take absolute ownership of outcomes. We aspire to be trusted partners to our vendors, clients, and team members.
We believe establishing a safety culture is the best way we can show that we care about our co-workers and to ensure we have a sustainable workforce. There are certain risks associated with the construction industry and establishing a safety culture is important to minimizing those risks. We strive to create an injury-free
environment by identifying risks, eliminating and/or mitigating hazards, and by ongoing investment in training and development of our workforce
The Estimator position’s primary objective is to work closely with Sales and Operations to provide timely and accurate project estimates to enable NCS to both win work with new and existing customers and enable Operation to meet their project execution goals
Roles and Responsibilities
- Estimate Accuracy (Job Cost)
- Scope Specification/RFP/Design
- Proposals Completion per Deadline
- Peer Review
- Award Notification
- Award Handoff Meeting
- Shop Drawings – Post Award
- Ability to travel
- Represent NCS with professionalism and integrity
- Perform all assigned duties Safely adhering to the highest Quality standards
- Provide the highest level of customer service with continuous communication (verbal and written)
- Perform all functions of the position and other duties that may be assigned
(Essential duties and responsibilities may include the above tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.).
Key Performance Indicators
Professional Proposal Generation
As Sold Estimate : Achieves Published Guidelines
As Sold Accuracy : 0 EE Adjustments Required
Award Handoff/Post Documentation: Handoff Meeting 100% Conduct w/Docs
Shop Drawings/Label Design: 100% Signed Off by Custome
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; some College preferred
- 5+ years of related Industry experiences and/or training
- Demonstrably sufficient knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook with the proven ability to learn other software elated to the role as needed
- Current, valid driver’s license
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexibility in work hours to meet customer requirements including but not limited to normal working hours, evenings, weekends, overtime
- Occasionally move up to 75 pounds by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects
- Stand and walk sit for extended periods of time
- For safety reasons, use of appropriate PPE to avoid situational hazards must be used for example hard hat, steel toed shoes etc. as required
- Exposure to various inside and outside working and environmental condition
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed byassociates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of allresponsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to performduties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The Company reserves the right tomodify this description in the future, with or without notice to the employee. This Job Description does notcreate an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and employment with the Company remains at will. Theseresponsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.