Under moderate supervision and direction of a Lead Technician and/or OSPM/Foreman, assist in planning and installation of jobs, interaction with clients, and troubleshooting and/or repair of user problems
Essential Duties, Competencies and Responsibilities:
- Must be highly motivated and work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Communicate clearly and accept direction and supervision in a positive manner.
- Show initiative, dependability and adaptability.
- Be resourceful in decision making; problem solving; organization, and planning.
- With accuracy and neatness, complete assignments on or before deadline.
- Troubleshooting, installation, configuration, integration, and test of videoconferencing, audiovisual equipment (multimedia, projection systems, displays, cameras, microphone, fiber equipment, and IP and ISDN networks in support of videoconferencing and A/V equipment)
- Perform audio visual troubleshooting, basic routine repairs and maintenance on equipment.
- Must possess troubleshooting skills in hardware, software, and connectivity issues on Routers, Switches, Clearone, BiAmp, AMX, Extron, Crestron, and Tandberg and Polycom systems.
- Perform comprehensive audiovisual equipment installation for clients, including low voltage wiring, trim outs, equipment rack setup, telephone systems, plasma/LCD TVs, projectors, audio amplifiers, digital sound processors, speakers and control systems.
- Perform cat6 cable pulls with testing and terminations, and be able to pull, test and terminate audio and video cables.
- Configure and install Savant, Crestron, AMX Extron and Shure wireless mic control systems.
- Assist in installation of displays, screens, and projectors.
- Must be able to use hand tools, test equipment, pull and terminate a wide variety of cables, know how to solder and crimp various connections.
- Must have knowledge in Digital Sound Processors – know how to configure and implement.
- Experience with CAD and Visio.
- Must follow all Company guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the company Mission Statement, Vision and Values.
- Conduct self in a professional manner and maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform all functions of the position and other duties that may be assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three plus years of related experiences and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude skills.
- Experience in construction or electrical field helpful.
- Possess basic math in terms of measuring (where to mount a TV, cut into a table, etc. )
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment. BICSI Installer level 2 certification preferred.