WILL PAY RELOCATION BONUS UP TO 5K!!!
NCS is looking for a qualified Audio Visual (AV) Technician in the Corpus Christi area. This is a full-time opportunity with benefits and opportunity for training, development, and career advancement!
As a member of the NCS team, you will work with some of the most prestigious hospitals, universities, and corporate companies to provide the latest AV technologies on a broad range of projects. NCS is committed to a work environment that promotes innovation, personal and professional growth and provides employees with an active role in driving the company vision while adhering to our core values.
Under moderate supervision and direction of a Lead Technician and/or OSPM/Foreman, assist in planning and installation of jobs, interaction with clients, and troubleshooting and/or repair of user problems.
Essential Duties, Competencies and Responsibilities:
- Must be highly motivated and work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Communicate clearly and accept direction and supervision in a positive manner.
- Show initiative, dependability and adaptability.
- Be resourceful in decision making; problem solving; organization, and planning.
- With accuracy and neatness, complete assignments on or before deadline.
- Troubleshooting, installation, configuration, integration, and test of videoconferencing, audiovisual equipment (multimedia, projection systems, displays, cameras, microphone, fiber equipment, and IP and ISDN networks in support of videoconferencing and A/V equipment)
- Perform audio visual troubleshooting, basic routine repairs and maintenance on equipment.
- Must possess troubleshooting skills in hardware, software, and connectivity issues on Routers, Switches, Clearone, BiAmp, AMX, Extron, Crestron, and Tandberg and Polycom systems.
- Perform comprehensive audiovisual equipment installation for clients, including low voltage wiring, trim outs, equipment rack setup, telephone systems, plasma/LCD TVs, projectors, audio amplifiers, digital sound processors, speakers and control systems.
- Perform cat6 cable pulls with testing and terminations, and be able to pull, test and terminate audio and video cables.
- Configure and install Savant, Crestron, AMX Extron and Shure wireless mic control systems.
- Assist in installation of displays, screens, and projectors.
- Must be able to use hand tools, test equipment, pull and terminate a wide variety of cables, know how to solder and crimp various connections.
- Must have knowledge in Digital Sound Processors – know how to configure and implement.
- Experience with CAD and Visio.
- Must follow all Company guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the company Mission Statement, Vision and Values.
- Conduct self in a professional manner and maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform all functions of the position and other duties that may be assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three plus years of related experiences and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude skills.
- Experience in construction or electrical field helpful.
- Possess basic math in terms of measuring (where to mount a TV, cut into a table, etc. )
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment. BICSI Installer level 2 certification preferred.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Network Cabling Services (NCS) was founded in 1981 in Houston, TX, a technology-driven, single-source solution provider for all our client’s audio visual, cabling infrastructure, design-consulting, and networking and security needs. Since then, we have grown to more than 300 employees across six Texas locations while expanding our services to in-building wireless systems to deliver public safety and cellular communications and network-powered lighting systems.