Great opportunity to grow with an established Texas-based technology integration company. Network Cabling Services (NCS) has an opening for an Industrial Fiber Technician at our Houston headquarters. NCS has 40+ years of experience working with some of the most prestigious hospitals, universities, and corporate companies to provide the latest technology solutions.
NCS is committed to a work environment that promotes innovation and personal and professional growth and provides employees with an active role in driving the company vision.
Job Type: Full-time / Non-exempt
Prior experience working in Plants is preferred.
**SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL APPLIED TO BASE PAY RATE
What it takes to succeed:
- TWIC Card REQUIRED
- Prior experience working in Plants is preferred.
- Experience working from a Man Lift (JLG) a plus
- Ability to work at tall heights
- Ability to work outdoors in Fire Retardant Clothing
- At least 2 years of experience with Anaerobic Fiber Terminations, Fusion Splicing and Testing in an Industrial / Plant environment.
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA or NEC Standards.
- A valid driver license
Essential Duties, Competencies and Responsibilities:
- Fusion Splicing
- Terminating Anaerobic, LC, ST and SC Connectors
- Testing OTDR, Power Meters
- Fiber Optic Terminations
What we offer:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Options
- Company paid training and certification opportunities
- Bonus incentive pay
Network Cabling Services (NCS) was founded in 1981 in Houston, TX, and is a technology integration provider for all our client’s cabling, audiovisual, and security needs. Since then, we have grown to more than 300 employees across six Texas locations. We have expanded our services to in-building wireless systems to deliver public safety and cellular communications and network-powered lighting systems.