Conduit Technician/Industrial Electrical Helper
Install, repair, and maintain conduit, low voltage cabling, equipment and fixtures.
Work on underground cable and conduit installation, terminating, and telecommunications equipment installation.
- Cut, bend, and run conduit as specified on blue prints.
- Install, modify, and fabricate cable trays as necessary according specifications.
- Pull and Install cable through specified pathways.
- Install telecommunications equipment.
- Install and terminate structure cat5e, cat6 and cat6A cables.
- Test electrical and telecommunications components for continuity and proper voltage readings according to specifications.
- Inspect electrical and telecommunications equipment and components to identify hazards and to ensure the equipment is in good operational condition.
- Install and maintain the grounding systems for all equipment and structures.
- Hoist equipment and tools into location via bull rigging or crane.
- Operate excavation and trenching equipment and tools.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical construction processes
- valid TWIC card
- able to pass DISA background and hair follicle drug screening which analyzes 6 months activity
- must be able to configure 3 point saddle
- make 30 and 45 offset and 90 degree bend
- cut, thread and bend 1”, 2”, 3” rigid conduit and aluminum conduit
- able to operate a Green Lee 555; use a power pony