The primary role is to provide Audio Visual system design, equipment, material and labor estimates for “Design-Build” projects, and material and labor estimates for bid projects with a design already specified.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend customer visits with NCS Sales personnel.
- Meet with customers to determine their needs in an AV system.
- Design an AV system based upon feedback from the customer in regard to features and budget.
- Produce CAD, or other electronic format AV drawings capturing the system schematics or “One Lines”. Drawings may include floor plans, RCPs, Elevations, and Details.
- Work with the project manager to transfer the knowledge of the project upon receipt of a purchase order from the customer.
- Read through bid specifications and review associated drawings and information, and then work up an estimate based upon the information provided for bid type projects.
- Perform all functions of the position and other duties that may be assigned.
Minimum Education, Certifications and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to see a project or task through to completion.
- Experience reading and following CAD or other system details and documentation.
- Thorough knowledge of AV system design and integration including basic signal flow and types, processing, source and display characteristics and operation, control system functionality, and standard / best installation practices.
- Ability to evaluate equipment for selection based upon performance and price.
- Ability to document a bid or system design and pricing using various quoting software, CAD, Excel and Word.
- Ability to accurately estimate the length of time and cost associated with the installation of a system.
- Previous AV Installation experience is required.
- AV design or estimating experience is required.
- Knowledge of industry standard practices and installation techniques is required.
- Manufacturer related certifications preferred include:
- InfoComm CTS, CTS-D, or CTS-I certifications
- Association for Quality in AV CQD and CQT certifications.
- Crestron or AMX classes and certifications
- Crestron Digital Media certification (DMC-D, DMC-E, DMC-T)
- Polycom CVE certification.
- Other manufacturer training and certifications
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), both with internal and external customers
- Ability to read and interpret system documentation including manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams, and other project information in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others through either written methods or verbally.
- Basic high school level math and geometry is required.
- Ability to apply concepts, such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical applications.
- Advanced analytic and reasoning skills are required in order to recognize potential problems, and to effectively overcome obstacles in the course of system design and support.
- Advanced computer skills including word processing, email, and web access are required.
- CAD, Visio or other electronic drawing program knowledge is required.
- Ability to program and adjust audio DSP files is preferred.
- IP connectivity and configuration knowledge is required.
Typical Work Environment:
- Office or home office.
- Customer premises.
- The ability to work from ladders, scaffolding, or motorized lifts at heights ranging from six feet to thirty feet is occasionally required.
- The ability to work in multiple positions (sitting, kneeling, standing, and lying down) is required.
- The ability to discern color of wire and cable is required.
- Flexibility in work hours is required to meet customer needs, work deadlines and/or other requirements.