The Asset Manager will be responsible for managing the company’s Auto, Truck, and Tool assets including equipment replacement analysis, repairs, maintenance, calibration, inspections, inventory control, DOT compliance, vendor contracts, claims management/loss prevention, equipment assignment, rental coordination, and fuel strategy. This position will be based out of our corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas.
- Oversees and manages the entire process from identification of need through financial approval/justification to PO creation and vendor delivery.
- Ensures equipment is insured, registered, and otherwise brought into compliance with all City, State, and Federal regulations.
- Controls costs through inventory and asset management, while working with the branches.
- Ensures preventative maintenance programs are in place for all equipment.
What it takes to succeed:
- Experience with state, federal, and local regulations related to Fleet safety and permits.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations; as well as write reports, business correspondence, and effectively present information to managers, clients, and customers.
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License.
- Possess excellent communication skills in dealing with other departments and personnel.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. A bachelor’s degree is preferred but a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to support and drive change in processes within organization
What we offer:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(K) matching
- Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays