At NCS, we’re always on the lookout for great people at all experience levels and specialties to work on unique projects in a wide variety of markets from design through project completion. Our corporate culture supports career advancement in an energetic, collaborative environment where innovation thrives, ideas come to fruition, and employees experience a good work/life balance.
Here’s what we offer:
- Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Team Building Activities
- Continued Education, and more!
If you are interested in working for NCS, please submit your resume below. Please note only resumes submitted for open positions will be considered and only for a period of up to 30 days from the time submitted.
You can also submit your resume to email@example.com or fax 281-481-6833.
Conduit Technician/Industrial Electrical Helper
Install, repair, and maintain conduit, low voltage cabling, equipment and fixtures.
Work on underground cable and conduit installation, terminating, and telecommunications equipment installation.
· Cut, bend, and run conduit as specified on blue prints.
· Install, modify, and fabricate cable trays as necessary according specifications.
· Pull and Install cable through specified pathways.
· Install telecommunications equipment.
· Install and terminate structure cat5e, cat6 and cat6A cables.
· Test electrical and telecommunications components for continuity and proper voltage readings according to specifications.
· Inspect electrical and telecommunications equipment and components to identify hazards and to ensure the equipment is in good operational condition.
· Install and maintain the grounding systems for all equipment and structures.
· Hoist equipment and tools into location via bull rigging or crane.
· Operate excavation and trenching equipment and tools.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
*Must have basic knowledge of electrical construction processes
*valid TWIC card
*able to pass DISA background and hair follicle drug screening which analyzes 6 months activity
*must be able to configure 3 point saddle
*make 30 and 45 offset and 90 degree bend
*cut, thread and bend 1”, 2”, 3” rigid conduit and aluminum conduit
*able to operate a Green Lee 555; use a power pony
Network Cabling Services is now hiring a Full Time Industrial Fiber Optic Cabling Technician with Benefits for the Houston area. Prior experience working in Plants is preferred.
**SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL APPLIED TO BASE PAY RATE
TWIC Card REQUIRED
- Experience working from a Man Lift (JLG) a plus
- Ability to work at tall heights
- Ability to work outdoors in Fire Retardant Clothing
Must be experienced in:
Terminating Anaerobic, LC, ST and SC Connectors
Testing OTDR, Power Meters
Fiber Optic Terminations
At least 2 years of experience with Anaerobic Fiber Terminations, Fusion Splicing and Testing in an Industrial / Plant environment.
Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA or NEC Standards.
A valid driver license
Under moderate supervision and direction of a Lead Technician and/or OSPM/Foreman, assist in planning and installation of jobs, interaction with clients, and troubleshooting and/or repair of user problems
Essential Duties, Competencies and Responsibilities:
- Must be highly motivated and work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Communicate clearly and accept direction and supervision in a positive manner.
- Show initiative, dependability and adaptability.
- Be resourceful in decision making; problem solving; organization, and planning.
- With accuracy and neatness, complete assignments on or before deadline.
- Troubleshooting, installation, configuration, integration, and test of videoconferencing, audiovisual equipment (multimedia, projection systems, displays, cameras, microphone, fiber equipment, and IP and ISDN networks in support of videoconferencing and A/V equipment)
- Perform audio visual troubleshooting, basic routine repairs and maintenance on equipment.
- Must possess troubleshooting skills in hardware, software, and connectivity issues on Routers, Switches, Clearone, BiAmp, AMX, Extron, Crestron, and Tandberg and Polycom systems.
- Perform comprehensive audiovisual equipment installation for clients, including low voltage wiring, trim outs, equipment rack setup, telephone systems, plasma/LCD TVs, projectors, audio amplifiers, digital sound processors, speakers and control systems.
- Perform cat6 cable pulls with testing and terminations, and be able to pull, test and terminate audio and video cables.
- Configure and install Savant, Crestron, AMX Extron and Shure wireless mic control systems.
- Assist in installation of displays, screens, and projectors.
- Must be able to use hand tools, test equipment, pull and terminate a wide variety of cables, know how to solder and crimp various connections.
- Must have knowledge in Digital Sound Processors – know how to configure and implement.
- Experience with CAD and Visio.
- Must follow all Company guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the company Mission Statement, Vision and Values.
- Conduct self in a professional manner and maintain a safe work environment.
- Perform all functions of the position and other duties that may be assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three plus years of related experiences and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude skills.
- Experience in construction or electrical field helpful.
- Possess basic math in terms of measuring (where to mount a TV, cut into a table, etc. )
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment. BICSI Installer level 2 certification preferred.