NCS' Response to COVID 19 Coronavirus Global Pandemic
March 18, 2020
The health and safety of our employees, customers and vendors is of utmost importance to NCS. Considering the recent developments of COVID-19, we are taking the precautions listed below to mitigate the spread of the virus.
- Limiting non-essential business travel
- Canceling in-person training classes, social events and large gatherings
- Conducting virtual meetings when practical
- Limiting access to our offices by non-employees and increasing work from home options for many employees.
- Requiring location and exposure risk-screening for all NCS employees
- Implementing quarantine measures identified in case an employee shows signs of COVID-19 symptoms or has had an exposure
- Requiring all entrants to sanitize their hands upon arrival
- Encouraging Social Distancing of 6 feet or more
- Discouraging handshakes and hugs
- Providing hand sanitizing and additional stand-alone hand-washing stations with universal tips and sanitary instructions
- Increasing janitorial services and more frequent disinfectant wiping of surfaces
- Displaying signage throughout our facilities with universal precautions
- Communicating state and local government COVID-19 updates company-wide
- Continuing to share updates via email, phone calls, text and social media pages (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
In addition to the above measures, NCS has also established a contingency staffing plan in the event of an outbreak. Our teams are working to maintain operations while trying to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and vendors. We appreciate your patience and thank you for your continued partnership.